Nā ‘Ohana O Nā Hui Wa‘a
E Komo Mai
Hui Wa‘a is organized exclusively for the following purposes:
- To maintain and perpetuate Hawaiian culture through the promotion of Hawaiian water sports;
- To teach, train, instruct, and expose children, men and women in the ancient art, craft and history of Hawaiian canoeing;
- To provide means and facilities for activities tending to foster the development and maintenance of strong and healthy minds, bodies and spirits among all people;
- To provide opportunities for the interaction and communion of people in the interest of mental and social well-being; and
- To promote international canoe racing competition. Hui Wa‘a is organized exclusively as a social welfare organization engaged in the promotion of an amateur sport, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.